Central Florida Medical Cannabis Doctor
We Are Your Medical Cannabis Physician
With advancements in research, medical marijuana is being used to help relieve symptoms associated with a host of chronic diseases. As a certified medical cannabis physician, Brandon Fletcher, MD, of Nostalgia Family Medicine in Longwood and Lake Mary, Florida, can perform comprehensive evaluations to determine if you’re eligible for medical marijuana. You can book your exam by using the online booking feature or by calling the office directly.
Medical Cannabis F.A.Q
How Do You Get a Medical Cannabis Card in Florida?
In the state of Florida, physicians must be qualified through the state in order to perform medical cannabis card examinations. You need to have a prior diagnosis — with records — of any of the following conditions:
- Multiple sclerosis
- HIV or AIDS
- Crohn’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
You may also qualify for medical cannabis in Florida if you have certain medical conditions that are similar to any of the conditions listed above or if you have a terminal disease. In some cases, you can even obtain a medical cannabis card if you have chronic nonmalignant pain that persists long after your qualifying medical condition is treated.
What Does The Medical Cannabis Card Exam Entail?
At Nostalgia Family Medicine, Dr. Fletcher’s top priority is to improve your quality of life and relieve any pain or other symptoms you’re experiencing. He performs a physical exam to verify your eligibility for a medical cannabis card based on your previous diagnosis.
Dr. Fletcher spends time talking with you about your symptoms and how your condition affects your day-to-day life. This helps him determine if medical cannabis is right for you, as well as which dosage and which formulary is best.
What Should I Expect?
Once you complete your medical cannabis card examination with Dr. Fletcher at Nostalgia Family Medicine, he helps you fill out all of the essential paperwork, which has to be entered into the state registry system. He then provides you with your patient ID number, and your medical cannabis card application is processed.
Once you receive your Florida medical cannabis card, you can go to any nearby dispensary to fill your recommendation. Depending on your specific needs, you might need to have a medical cannabis card examination at Nostalgia Family Medicine several times per year to make any essential changes to your recommendation.
Medical Cannabis Evaluation
- Includes evaluation good for up to 210 days. For people seeking medical cannabis treatment and are not registered patients with Nostalgia Family Medicine and Wellness Center. This fee includes the initial exam, evaluation, and certification. We also include any necessary follow-ups related to your medical cannabis treatment and all orders and recommendations to be able to purchase product from dispensaries (any adjustments or increases that may be needed).
- Cannabis Evaluations for Veterans, First Responders, and active cancer patients $149
- $99 Recertification Fee ($79 Recertification Fee for Veterans, First Responders, and active cancer patients)
- *Valid ID Required for Veterans and First Responders Discount